Choosing Aluminium openings can prove to be difficult – be it for a new home project or for a next renovation plan. To help you in this process, we build up collection of useful and easy tips. Part 1 of this article will be focussed on new construction projects. Coming up next week will be part 2 which will deal with aluminium choices for renovation projects.
Some very important points to consider are:
- Your Needs (Comfort & Security)
- Your Building Architecture
- Quality of openings
- The supplier & installer who will be fixing those openings.
- And of course your Budget
- Know Your Needs.
When picking aluminium openings such as: aluminium doors, aluminium windows, roller shutters, canopies , roof-lights, louvers amongst others, the first step is to consider what you need and what you want for your home.
Try to consider the following:
- Comfort & Safety: Your family’s, yours and that of your hosts. When picking an aluminium sliding door for example, you can enhance security by opting for a protect door or shutters.
- Product Efficiency: Aluminium doors and windows are not something which you are going to change every year, so make sure to choose something efficient and functional. Your openings should last.
- Energy Efficiency: Moving towards a greener environment this is important and also an energy efficient window for example minimise the energy needed to cool or heat up the inner of your building. The glazing of your openings here would play an important role.
2. Your Building Architecture.
Aluminium openings should not only blend into your chosen architecture but should also enhance it. Your architect would be able to advise you on that else our professional team can always assist you. As an example, if you want more light into your home and you prefer an open concept for your common area (living, dining & kitchen), large sliding glass doors is what you seek.
3. Your Supplier & Installer – Professionalism & Quality.
Be very careful when choosing the team you want to work with. There are many aluminium suppliers and installers around you, make sure to chose the professional ones. You do not want the installation to ruin your walls or flooring. Very often the product might be of good quality but the installers do a poor job at mounting the openings. The key is to choose a team of professionals with knowledge into the product you’ve chosen while assuring a good after sales service. For example, you don’t want to be left with a malfunctioning handle for months waiting for your installer to revert back to your calls. JMD may recommend to you a certified fabricator and installer from its list.
JMD International provides one of the best aluminium bars and openings of the local market. It should be noted that JMD offers 10 years* warranty on aluminium bars and 2 years* warranty on accessories*.
Never compromise on quality! Quality ensures safety, reliability, functionality and effectiveness.